What to pack when visiting Table Mountain
In October last year I found myself ‘on top of the world’. How amazing is the view from Table Mountain? Makes me feel really blessed to be living here in Cape Town.
For those who haven’t been, I highly recommend that you GO. Below are some of the things I wish I had kept in mind…but… there’s always a next time.
- Pack sunblock (I forgot mine and burnt!).
- Wear sunglasses (I managed to borrow a pair that fit me so well!).
- A hat would come in really handy.
- Enough water for each person (thankfully we had enough).
- It’s such a lovely place to have a picnic. There is a restaurant, however they don’t cater for a variety of dietary requirements. Apart from that prices are RIDICULOUS. It’s aimed at tourists and not us locals at all. So, pack in a light meal.
- Take your camera with you (I never even considered it – what was I thinking??!).
- Be prepared to spend a couple of hours at the top.
- Be prepared to wait for tickets for the cable car (it’s WORTH IT, promise). If you are keen to hike up, there is a trail. Please do thorough research before attempting any hikes.
- Wear comfortable shoes and wear light coloured clothing to reflect the light. I chose to wear white as it blocks the sun (but that’s entirely up to you).
- And lastly, ENJOY THE VIEW!!